Monday, May 01, 2006

Stepping into the light

John 3:19-21 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

I am fascinated by human nature and by the new knowledge that we are all created for God. He put it in our nature to seek Him out. Every single person whether they know it or not is in search of true love and since God is true love then every single person is in search of God, whether they know it or not.

There is a deep black scary void inside of each person that can only be filled with God's perfect love. He put that void in humans so we will seek and search for Him. And when we find Him, He completes us, we find our true purpose and meaning in Him. The ecstasy of that discovery is mind numbing, there are times God's love washes over me and I'm blown away. His love is warm, it's sweet, it's pulses through me and I KNOW what I'm made for!!

Having said that I am fascinated by this part in the scripture. The truth in this word. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Last night this scripture became very clear to me as my husband and I were watching a program on the Learning Channel about a morbidly obese man who died of complications due to his obesity. It became clear to me that every single person in the world is trying to fill that deep black scary void they feel. Most try and fill it with sin, what changes is the method of sin. Some try to fill it with food which is what the man on the show we were watching did. Or they try money, or fame, or power. Some try and fill it with sex, multiple marriages or partners. Some try drugs. There are too many to name. But I'm convinced every single person chooses something. Most don't even know this is what they are trying to do, fill a God given void with everything but true love: God.

This is why the world hates the light, they are afraid to give up what they know. If they step into the light, the light will expose their evil. Their sin, their wrong thinking and evil ways and they don't want to know the truth. They don't want to give up their filth. Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly.


But oh to step into the light! How wonderful it is!!!! But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. Oh how good the light feels!!!! Christ takes our filth our sin and He cleans us!! He washes us so clean, so pure! And it feels so wonderful!!!!!!!

I felt so sad for the man on that show, I wanted to reach through the screen and tell him how beautiful he was, that he would never find his purpose in food. No matter how much he ate he would never fill that void. But this man passed away, I hope before he died that he found his true purpose. There are so many people suffering, it breaks my heart. I want to shake people, I want to scream and tell them the truth!! So many people dying and going to hell. There is so little time, I feel like I'm racing against a clock.

No comments: