Friday, August 04, 2006

God is a little scary without.......

His son Jesus.

So I've moved on to reading the OT (Old Testament.) Since March I've been reading the New Testament and I've been so fascinated that I've just enjoyed being stuck there.

Now I'm curious to know more about this ancient Father of mine and I'm being drawn to the OT. I've started with 1 Samuel. Don't know why I choose that book, it just seemed a good place to start. The versus that sticks out most to me from that book is: 1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

What an amazing scripture, how revealing about our Lord!

Now the more I read the OT the more I realize how if I ever thought I couldn't live without the amazing love of my heavenly Father, how much MORE I need the saving power of His son!

It becomes glaringly clear that without His son, Jesus, my sweet and gentle savior that I would never be able to go to my heavenly Father.

Jesus forever binds me to my heavenly Father. No matter what I do my savior is always there for me, to reconcile me, to draw me in.

The whole trinity is GENIUS! You see the Holy Spirit directs me to the savior, Jesus. He whispers in my ear how sweet and wonderful the savior is. And Jesus....., I could get lost forever on just His name. WOW! He's so in love with me that he gave the ultimate gift. He gave me His life! And it's through Him that I reach my Father, and then the Father pours out this love that is AMAZING!

This love is the real deal! It's the real ecstasy! I'm convinced this love is the cure for every broken and lonely heart, the excitement for the bored, and the strength for the weary. Whatever you need, He's got it!

No comments: