Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Five New Commandments"

On Sunday the title of the pastor's sermon was "Five New Commandments"

I'm so excited because after church my husband and I went to lunch and on the way I shared with him the five points I learned in Sunday's sermon! I carry a little pocket Bible and I pulled it out and read the scripture references the pastor gave!!!!

WoooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He casually listened and another seed is planted!!!!

I'm so excited I could shout!!! Wow! My God is a good God! He's listening to my prayers and He's answering them!!!!

The five new commandments are:
1) Lighten Up Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

2) Don't Worry Matthew 6:28-34 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

3) Forgive Everybody Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.


4) Don't Judge Other People Matthew 7:1-4 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?


5) Walk like sons and daughters of the King Galatians 4:4-7 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba,[a] Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

The Lord gave me the chance to share all this with my husband!!!! Isn't He a good God?????

My heartfelt prayer; Oh Abba Father you are AWESOME!! You are amazing!!! I love you until my heart feels like it will burst! My prayer to you, my Abba Father, has been not that you make my life easier or better but that you have mercy on my family and my husband. I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you are answering my heartfelt cry and prayer!!!!!! You are a good God!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! You have blessed me and I pray you delight in me as I give myself to you as a living sacrifice!!!!

2 comments:

Kristy Dykes said...

Just love reading your posts. Keep 'em up.

eileen said...

Continue to pray for HIS direction and goodness in your life.