Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The yearning and longing in my heart

Isaiah 26:8-10 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.

My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.
When your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.


Though grace is shown to the wicked,
they do not learn righteousness;
even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
and regard not the majesty of the LORD.


I find it amazing how the Word is alive, isn't God genius? How can it be that a Isaiah wrote oh back in 700 B.C. exactly what's in my heart? In my soul?

Just the other day I was trying to put words to the longings of my heart and explain to my father (earthly) how I feel. There is an excitement and a yearning for my King to return and reveal himself. I was telling my father the other day, "I can't wait until the seams of this earth are ripped away and the reality of His glory fully revealed for all to see."

I was at a party the other night with my husband and the emptiness of the world stood out painfully to me. I kept thinking, what if He returned right now and the shallowness of this event were revealed and His glory would ring out! Now that would be excitement!!!

My soul longs and yearns for Him. I want to be united and kept with Him. I long for the day there are no distractions and it's truly ALL ABOUT HIM. I want His glory to shine out over the earth and I long to bow low before Him.

No comments: