Thursday, March 23, 2006

Am I truly living free in Christ?

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 NIV

The joy of the Lord that I have experienced has been so wonderful that I am very quick to try and find ways to keep it. It has only been a little over a week that I have learned the truth and yet already my flesh is trying to find things to "do" in hopes of keeping God's favor and blessing.

Must I get stuck on this lesson forever??? There is so much more God wants to show me and yet I keep coming back to this issue.

There is NOTHING FOR ME TO DO!!!! In Galatians 4:8-9 it reads: Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God-or rather are known by God-how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?

Again THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME TO DO TO EARN ETERNAL LIFE!!!! Galatians 3:1-5 NIV reads: You foolish Galatians! Who has bewiched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law or by believing what you heard? Are you foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? have you suffered so much for nothing? Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?

I AM nothing without Him and NOTHING I do can save me. Only Him and His blood save and give me eternal life. When I focus on Him and keep my eyes on Him then His power will be released and He will give me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. It's not about "doing" those things to earn salvation or favor, it's about worshipping Him, believing in Him and keeping my focus on Him and THEN He will give me these things because Galatians 5:22 NIV reads: But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us.

When I give Him control He GIVES me these things!!!!

My heartfelt prayer, Oh Lord thank you for your word. Help me Lord, teach me Lord. Guide me Lord. Thank you for your blood. I can't produce that fruit myself, if I try to produce it myself I will fail. When I become irritated help me to remember that it's about turning to You, giving myself to You, worshipping You. It's not about focusing on being good or patient, it's about worshipping You. Turning my focus away from myself and my irritation and allowing myself to be found by you. THEN you will give me love, joy, peace, patience kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Only because you died for me can I have these things. Keep me humble Lord, humble me Lord and never stop teaching me.

I am FREE in Christ, my mission on earth is not to become perfect!!! I am not to strive to be perfect!!!!! This is freedom in Christ!! My mission on earth is worship Him, focus on Him and when I do this God's love will pour out of me and I'm free to Love my neighbor as I love myself! Galatians 5:13-14 NIV reads: You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

4 comments:

Kristy Dykes said...

Hallelujah! The joybells are ringing in your soul, Jennifer. To know that you know that you know that you know you're saved is wonderful! That you can never earn salvation, but that it is given freely if we will only accept it is a powerful truth!

I'm rejoicing with you.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i truthfully adore your own writing choice, very exciting,
don't quit and also keep creating in all honesty , because it just well worth to look through it,
excited to browse more of your own stories, have a good day ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.