Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Vistors from Friendly Atheist:

I am amazed anyone from from Friendly Atheist would be interested in my story. Due to some recent comments I felt the need to post directly to these new readers.

My mother has a glioblastoma multimforme brain tumor. Stage 4 terminal cancer, given 6-9-12 months to live. I ask that you don't come on here and call me names. I receive immense peace from my faith during this terrible time and I don't see any harm in that. I respect everyone has a right to their own beliefs, I'm not interested in converting you. In fact despite what you may think my goal isn't even to convert my husband.

This blog is from MY point of view. How I see things. I've never quoted my husband wrong or lied. He did say (almost 3 years ago) he would divorce me if continued going to church, but I asked him not to do that and like I said our marriage has been restored. I believe due to prayer and devine intervention. I've not added all conversations of what he's said, it would simply be too long.

My husband does NOT define himself as an atheist. He simply says he doesn't believe in ANY God. When you die it's like you go to sleep forever. Beyond that he doesn't know or care to know. I use the term atheist because to me that defines someone who does not believe in God or a God or a higher power.

I just asked my husband if he believed that trade came from God. His words were "I think it was skill and coincidence." His exact words.

Today is my 10th wedding aniversary and we are happily married, he knows about my blog. He knew my parents were ministers when we married but I was away from my faith (not an atheist) so religion and issues of faith were not an issue.

I am very open regarding my faith because I feel I have nothing to hide. We all have what I believe is a God given right to believe whatever we want.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, I am sorry you have to deal with inconsiderate people. I checked your blog to see if there were any updates about your Mom as her blog hasn't been updated for a week and I am concerned. I found her through another blog asking for prayers for her. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless You all. Lori in California

Anonymous said...

Thank God they are reading your testimony of how God's saving grace gives you such peace!! They too may need a healing one day and remember your blog.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I'm very proud of you............what a sweet spirit.

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Love you,

Granddaddy

Anonymous said...

I read the comments you refer to and all that comes to mind is, consider the source. Whether they believe in God or not, how horrible to use such language with you, when all you have spoken of on here is about LOVING your husband, PRAYING FOR him, and SERVING him. Even if you take God out of the picture with these people one thing is evident, they weren't very nice and even if they don't think they need God they sure do need something to improve their attitudes. By the way, I'm a Christian...we've never met. I read your blog daily and pray for you. God bless you, sweet Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I hope you are okay - I am glad you are addressing what I consider "bullying".

I struggle with my faith as you know but I think your blog is positive and wonderful and I think your husband is a very lucky man to have you.

God Bless you and your family during this time.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am not surprised this has happened. I too believe these people will one day remember the words in your blog at a time in their lives when the need is there. Just remember that what the devil means for evil God can use for good. It just gives us more people to add to our prayer list huh? I am proud of you for standing Holy Ghost Bold and telling it like it is. I am also rejoicing with you in the miracle that has happened in your home. Love you! Your cousin, Jeri

christine said...

Jennifer,
Again all I can say is that you have gleaned wisdom from the almighty in how to handle this. Anyone can see just how deep rooted your faith is. I am proud of you and all you are doing. I would be willing to bet that those people will now continually check your blog out of curiosity and whether they know it or not God will be planting seeds into their life. Way to go! Don't stop blogging though, your journey through faith helps me and otehrs I am sure. Happy Anniversary!

Barbara said...

Jennifer,
You don't know me but we went to school with your parents. Keep doing what you are doing and GOD will uphold you. We are praying for your parents and send the kindest regards to your husband.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
It's Lori in California again....I just wanted to let you know that I found your Mom's current info on her blog...I feel like such a dope! I had saved it in my favorites and for some reason it kept coming up on Jan. 31. ...tonight I checked under Archives and found the current news....good grief! Anyway, I am praying and thinking of you both...take care. :o)

Anonymous said...

Sending you and your Mom and family love and prayers from California. I have been so moved by your Mom's story and today found your blog. My heart goes out to you. So many prayers coming your way -- believe in that miracle.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
As the Bible says we will be persecuted for Jesus, yes it is so rude and inconsiderate esp when your going through all that you are. I am so sorry anyone would act that way. Just count it all Joy as the Bible says, God is not a GOd of circumstance either he is above circumstances remember he OVERCAME THE WORLD!! ONe day as it is written EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND TONGUE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!! AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!! I pray for all who do not know Jesus as their Saviour. Blessed assurance that we have in knowing he is mine and he is so GOOD........Praises to the Lord, Shout to the Lord with Praises, He is THe ALmighty King the Kind of Kings and the Lord of Lords, THe ALPHA AND THE OMEGA!!! THE FIrst and the Last..