Friday, September 22, 2006

God cares about the small details

Matthew 6:31-34 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I've asked the question "How much does God care about me?" And I've learned first hand the answer. He promises in His Word that he knows exactly what I need and He will give it to me. I don't have to worry about it.

So I've trusted Him. I've had to say several times, ok God I don't know what's going on. I don't know how we're going to make it, but I trust you so I'm not going to worry about it.

Financially things have been tough for a long time. It's been a big strain on my marriage. It's been weighing heavily on my husband. I'm a stay at home mother so we are all counting on him to provide.

We aren't the only ones going through tough times. The whole island where we live has gone through bad finanical times. The government went bankrupt. Schools and government offices closed due to lack of funds. It's been scary for many.

But through it all God has been with me!!! No matter how scary it has gotten, He has been there for me! Whispering His wonderful promises! He knows what I need! How awesome!

Now I want to thank Him because once again He has provided and guess what??? My husband got a new job!!!!!!!!!!! Things are looing better than they have in a long time.

My heartfelt prayer; Dear God thank you for my husband's new job. Thank you for providing for me. Thank you for being with me during the hard times and teaching me. I pray I NEVER forget the lessons you taught me during that time. You are an awesome and a great God! I pray you never stop molding me until I take my last breath. I pray you are never finished with me, I want more! I want to know and to learn more about you! I'm following you Lord! I choose you above it all!

No comments: