Friday, May 18, 2007

On the most wanted list

Could it be that Paul's testimony will one day become my husbands?

In 1 Timothy 1:12-16 Paul writes: I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. 13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.


Oh what sweet promise in this passage! Paul who was a blasphemer and a violent man was shown abundant grace and mercy and for what? What reason I ask? It was for the Kingdom! I've often exclaimed to my mother "Do you realize what a victory for the Kingdom it will be when my husband finally hears Him calling?" Oh man! I get chills just thinking about it. What a testimony that will be!

My heartfelt prayer: Oh wonderful and merciful God, the God of "I AM" How genius you are! I do not believe for a second I was paired with my husband by chance meeting! I know it was your premissive will that allowed this marriage to be. What the deceiver took for bad you will claim in victory! What the deceiver took to destory You build up! You are amazing. You are beautiful! God-do you know how beautiful and lovely I find you! I believe in You! I believe in Your unique design and I promise with your help to hold fast and stick with You! I trust you, I have confidence in You. I pray for Your abundant grace and mercy to be with ME! For Your Kingdom! I dream with You on the forceful advancement of the Kingdom! I long for You to have Your Kingdom here on earth, imagine how beautiful it will be!

No comments: