Monday, January 21, 2008

This is so hard

Trusting Him at times is so hard for me. The more time slips by the more I feel myself wanting to hold onto my mom, tighter and tighter. What's going to happen to her? I keep hearing that question bounce around in my mind. Is she going to die? Are we going to be grieving her soon? Or are we going to be shouting for joy that she's healed? Which is it I keep wondering... They both are opposite extremes that it keeps my emotions on a roller coaster at times. Most times I just feel numb. It all seems too surreal my mother is asking God to extend her life.

Today I opened a devotional email I get everyday and here was the scripture for today: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him” (I Corinthians 2:9).

Guess what? I can stop asking myself what's going to happen because according to His Word, NO eye has seen, NO ear has heard and NO mind has imagined what God has prepared for my mother!

Whatever it is it's going to be GOOD! Thank you God! You are a good God! Thank you for speaking to me, even when I have a hard time trusting you! You still reach out, ever eager to speak to me through Your Word. You never leave me or foresake me! You are more than awesome, there is no word to describe You!

4 comments:

Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Jennifer, for this beautiful post! You touched my heart. Yes, it's all good. All the time! God is going to take care of all of us. Love, Mom

Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Jennifer, for this beautiful post! You touched my heart. Yes, it's all good. All the time! God is going to take care of all of us. Love, Mom

Alexzillasmama said...

Hi Jennifer,
You have been on my heart each and everyday since I read about your mom. I sign the guestbooks for several families that have been affected by cancer, but your family and one other family have really felt like a calling from God. I know we have never met, but sometimes God brings encouragement in the oddest of ways. Please know that you are in my prayers(and your family, too). I don't know what God has in store for you or her, but I pray that you feel the comfort that only the arms of Jesus can offer you.
Hugs!!
Stephanie Adams

SweetAnnee said...

Jennifer dear..I've been praying for your mom for a while now.. I just found the link to your blog
and I will be praying for you also.

God is with you..lean on Him.
God is always strong , and carries us
when we are weak.

fondly, Deena