Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is my 31st birthday!

I woke this morning with Claudia pressing her little button nose to mine, her sweet breath on my cheek and whispering "happy birthday, mommy." It was so tender, I couldn't keep a stray from tear escaping.

Today hope flows through my heart, I know that somewhere in heaven my mom knows that today is April 18th. This is the first birthday of mine that she's been in heaven instead of here...

I don't doubt that today she remembers and is smiling and most likely thanking our creator for LIFE!

My heartfelt prayer: Dear Jesus, Thank you for my life. How can I ever express my joy that You thought of me, that You made me. That You created me to know You! Thank you!

Jesus, here is a question that You know the answer to: How can there be love without choice? You have given me the gift of life and not only life but eternal life and so today on my birthday I have a gift for You! Today, to show my love I choose You! And not only do I say I love You, but I desire to show You this love by a choice.

Today I take a piece of my flesh, my earthly desires and I nail it to Your cross! You know my innermost heart and soul, I don't even have to speak out loud what those fleshy desires are. With the power of You love, I turn and face You.

My heart and soul LONGS for You. I have so little to give, so little to offer. I am so frail, so weak, but what I do have is a heart that is beating for You.

I invite You in to my day, and smile knowing You are by my side holding my hand and delighting in my gift! Love, Jennifer

5 comments:

milton dykes said...

Jennifer: You provoke such wonderful emotions and love toward God. I love your writings and love you even more. Let God's love continue to flow through your pen. It is a powerful tool to glorify God. You do it so well.

Happy Birthday! You are a dear, sweet daughter.

Love, Dad

Kate said...

Dearest Jennifer,

Happy, Happy, Birthday!

Indeed, the angels rejoiced the day you were born!

Love,

Kate.

Seedplanter said...

Jennifer, I'm late but want to add my well-wishes. I hope your birthday was a sweet reflection of the love your parents felt the moment they first held you. God bless you!

THOMBU1 said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! I trust you had a blessed one. I wish I was 31 again, maybe the old bones wouldn't be creaking. Hah!
Take care and be Blessed, beloved of His.
tom

Aunt Becky said...

Hey Jennifer,
What a wonderful way to wake up on your birthday - with your precious Claudia telling you happy birthday.
Happy birthday from me.
We so enjoyed our time together with the family before the wedding - we look forward to more times like that.
Your prayer is beautiful! Your Mama would be so proud of you. I'm proud of you.
I love you, Jennifer.
Aunt Becky