Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Life is full

Happy New Year!

Life is crazy for me. I'm sure it is for a lot of people. It seems I'm constantly on the go with the kids. We just got back from a 4 week trip to Florida visiting family for the holidays.

I spent several weeks with my parents and sister and her two boys in Jacksonville. It was good to be home with my parents. I especially enjoyed attending their church for a special Christmas Eve candle light service. I sat on the back row since we had four kids and it was awesome seeing all the candles being held up. It was really amazing thinking how those lights represent the life and love of Christ within us. Christ really is the light in a dark world and that light is within us!

Today I was talking to my Dad on the phone and he said: "You know Jennifer, our relationship with the Lord is like a marathon, not a race."

Begining a new year full of oportunities, this has new meaning for me. It's something we should all know, but life gets BUSY and before I know it I'm wondering why I'm not hearing from the Lord. I'm wondering why he feels so distant from my heart.

This new year I'm looking forward to diving back into the Word to look for some answers to questions that have been on my heart.

It's exciting to me to know that as I thrist and hunger after Him, He WILL answer those questions!! For He says: I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

No comments: